The Mission Impact Council (MIC) began in 2013 lead by and co-chaired by YMCA, United Way and Youthprise. MIC convenes diverse organizations and communities to work together for positive social change through developing innovative and community-based solutions that change life opportunities for youth in and around the Greater Twin Cities area. These are the 3 key ideas driving the MIC:
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: How can participating MIC organizations ensure they live their missions to transform life opportunities for youth?
- COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS: How can the MIC learn from, honor, and partner with the existing efforts, talents, and dreams of diverse Twin Cities communities and initiatives?
- COLLECTIVE IMPACT: How can the MIC create a deeper and more sustainable impact for youth through building a common agenda, coordinated activities, and common metrics?
The 6 focus areas of our youth:
- Youth Development & Leadership
- Education Equity
- Health & Wellness
- Support Services
The 6 Communities of immersion experiences:
- Hmong/ Asian Pacific
- African American / Black
- Somali / East Africa
- Hispanic / Latin America
- Homeless & Highly Mobile Youth
- Indigenous / Indian Communities
Come Out! Be apart of the Common Agenda, Metrics and Partnerships to Transform Life Opportunities & Equity with Our Youth! Register Now Space is Limited.